Senior Network Engineer
- NineStar - Network Operations - Support Center & IP/Switching
- Greenfield, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Excellent benefits package
This position operates as tier 4 to any networking issues, whether internal or external, and received escalations from various groups to investigation and/or resolve. Acts as "backup" on call for the IP Services department. Assist with new product or services testing and launch. Main point of contact for onboarding new network assistance customers. Assist in creating design and standards guidelines for the Netops department in regards to network and monitoring programs. Assist with coordinating maintenance for major work that involves the Netops department. Research and test new equipment and services. Provide training and support to NineStar employees.
Essential job functions
- Act as SME for networking issues, guidelines, maintenance, and installation
- Assist with creating relevant Netops guidelines and standards
- Research and test new platforms/technologies
- Provide training and support for NineStar employees
Ideal candidates should have advanced knowledge of:
- network and specific Cisco protocols and technologies (Trunks, Dot1q, STP, PIM, MPLS)
- Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, and IOS-XR
- DSLAM providers and services
Education and Experience
Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field plus a minimum of 3 years of related experience and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), or high school diploma plus 5-7 years' experience in systems administration or computer operations support.
NineStar Connect offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts